Kayla Lorette moved from her home in British Columbia to work with the Second City. Upon moving to Toronto, she found her self a regular performer with many improv companies, including Catch23, PROJECTproject, Ghost Jail Theatre, and Impromptu Splendor, as well as participating in many weekly comedy shows as a solo performer. At 24 years old, Kayla has been nominated for several Canadian Comedy Awards, the Tim Sims Encouragement Fund and a Gemini for her performance in YTV’s That’s So Weird. Her work as an improviser has allowed her to travel to many festival, perform along time such people as Colin Mochrie and Joe Flaherty, as well as completing two European tours, which allowed her to perform in such cities as Paris, Berlin and Vienna. Kayla’s work in television includes The Ron James Show, the Kids in the Hall series Death Comes to Town, and That’s So Weird, which recently won a Canadian Comedy Award for Best Television Ensemble.
- RT @VanImprovFest: ANNOUNCING the performers for the 2014 Vancouver International Improv Festival: facebook.com/events/8028182… #VIIF2014 http:/… 8 hours ago
- Mussels are the pistachios of the sea! 1 day ago
- RT @SeamusORegan: Help make it happen for She Stoops To Conquer: a BIG short film on @indiegogo #hilarious igg.me/p/861806/twtr 1 day ago
- RT @johnsonbecky: just got a copy of @kaylalorette's resume and under special skills & interests it lists 'being an old man'. #kaylacareeru… 1 day ago
- RT @steveeegeee: $$$ for @zackrusselll & @KaylaLorette's BIG short film @Indiegogo campaign to make She Stoops to Conquer http://t.co/qs3nH… 1 day ago