Kayla Lorette moved from her home in British Columbia to work with the Second City. Upon moving to Toronto, she found her self a regular performer with many improv companies, including Catch23, PROJECTproject, Ghost Jail Theatre, and Impromptu Splendor, as well as participating in many weekly comedy shows as a solo performer. At 24 years old, Kayla has been nominated for several Canadian Comedy Awards, the Tim Sims Encouragement Fund and a Gemini for her performance in YTV’s That’s So Weird. Her work as an improviser has allowed her to travel to many festival, perform along time such people as Colin Mochrie and Joe Flaherty, as well as completing two European tours, which allowed her to perform in such cities as Paris, Berlin and Vienna. Kayla’s work in television includes The Ron James Show, the Kids in the Hall series Death Comes to Town, and That’s So Weird, which recently won a Canadian Comedy Award for Best Television Ensemble.
- RT @hannahjspear: GET AT ME if you want tickets to our rad new show called #TheCurator @BadDogTheatre - part of @BigCityImprovTO! CC: @Kayl… 1 day ago
- RT @thesufferettes: Thanks for the memories, @VanImprovFest. #VIIF2014 http://t.co/SAsgOWq2tg 1 day ago
- Hello Twitter! I'm doing @partyof4cast and it's so important that you just retweet this so I can gain power! http://t.co/x2fGz6zw3o 1 day ago
- Watching A New Leaf with Walter Matthau and the wonderful Elaine May. Charmed! Oh so charmed. 2 days ago
- RT @BigCityImprovTO: State of the Union tomorrow 1pm Comedy Bar (and FREE LUNCH) 3 days ago